Thursday, March 29, 2012

Our fours class has been exploring Israel the entire year. Every week our 19 year old Israeli Emissary Gal comes to visit our class. We have passports and have toured all over Israel. Kitat Shamayim adores her and Israel. Last week I told the class my mom, Grandma Judy was going to Israel. Right away they had some questions for her. I asked how we could keep in touch- they all yelled email of course!


Dear Mom,

My preschool class will be writing you with daily questions about your trip...hope your game!

#1 email to Grandma Judy
Are you going to Jerusalem asked Jack J?
Did you see the Bahai gardens in Haifa? asked Alexa
love you tons, Kitat Shamayim

Dear Awesome Kitat Shamayim,

We will be going to Jerusalem in a few days. Today we took a bus then a train to Haifa. We went to the Hecht Museum at Haifa U. Next we went to a mall dug out of a mountain & ate at a dairy Kosher resturant with Ezri's cousin . Didn't go the BaHai Gardens because we saw them last time but a great question.
Love Grandma Judy

During centers today, three children were splashing at the water table saying- I hope you have good trip Grandma Judy. Hope you float in the Dead Sea.

Then, I read Grandma's reply and they all had more questions.
We were sitting before lunch and every single child wanted me to type their questions- they sat for 20 minutes. (Not that typical)

Did you stick a note the Western Wall ? Jack O.
Are you going to that snowy place Mt Hermon? Sophia
Can you visit us when you come back? Logan
What food did you eat? Mia
Are you going to float in the Dead Sea? Jack J
Are you going to that sandy part, the Negev? Alexa
Are the buildings taller that New York in Tel Aviv? Zach

Then I asked if she could bring us back a treat from her trip but there are 17 of us hmmm what could she bring us ? I thought for sure they would all say candy or food.

Mia-- a cool puzzle
Jack j- a game with pictures of Israel
Mack- Something kids play there

I love this job- I have asked my mom to mail us a postcard with cool stamps and we'll keep emailing I guess.

Susie Weiner

1 comment:

  1. OMG! What an amazing way to connect your kids to Israel!! Hooray for you and your mom. I hope your mom will be able to visit your class when she comes back. Yesher Koach! Max Handelman

    ReplyDelete